The Clifton Library values its volunteers! Anyone age 14 and older interested in volunteering can pick up a volunteer application at the Main Library or Allwood Branch (under age 18 requires a parental signature on the application) or print and fill out the appropriate application below and drop it off the next time you stop in.
Applications will be reviewed by the appropriate departments and you will be contacted on an as-needed basis.Volunteer Application Teen Volunteer Application
- Volunteer candidates will be registered with FOCUS CLIFTON for the purposes of establishing the proper insurance coverage. Candidates may either be referred to the Library by the FOCUS Office or may approach the Library directly to volunteer. Appropriate application forms for FOCUS will be available by the Library; after they are filled out by the applicant, they will be forwarded to the FOCUS office.
- Volunteer candidates will be asked to complete a volunteer application form to determine their areas of interests, their skills and their availability. After this form is completed, a candidate will have an interview with the volunteer coordinator to determine his/her assignment and schedule.
- Volunteers may be assigned to any department in either building; they may be assigned to work on ongoing tasks, special projects or may even be “on-call”.
- Because of the confidentiality of library records, volunteers will be asked to sign a statement indicating that they understand the confidential aspect of these records before they begin work at the Library. (Included in application above)
- Upon beginning work in the Library, the volunteer will be given a short tour, as well as a list of procedures and guidelines for working within the library. Examples of the type of information that will be included are the no smoking policy and the sign in procedures.
- The training process will take place upon the commencement of work in the library. As assignments may change, the volunteer coordinator will ensure that appropriate training will be scheduled.
- A certificate of appreciation will be presented annually to the volunteer in recognition of his/her contribution. Additional incentives, such as volunteer of the month, will be developed as the program grows.