“The purpose of this organization shall be to maintain an association of persons interested in the Clifton Public Library; to focus public attention on the library; to stimulate the use of the library’s resources and services; to fund raise and encourage gifts and bequests to the library; to support and cooperate with the library in developing services and facilities for the community.” (FRIENDS Constitution)Download Membership Form
The public can support the FRIENDS’ purpose in a variety of ways.
- Joining the FRIENDS and renewing membership annually. This can be done anytime by filling out a membership form and returning it to the library (attn.: FRIENDS) along with a check, or stopping by the FRIENDS table in the library during their annual membership drive (typically in April) or at FRIENDS-sponsored special events.
- Donating your time to assist with special and ongoing events, tasks or projects.
- Contacting the FRIENDS president, Faye Levine, to discuss donations, gifts and bequests. Any amount is greatly appreciated. Our FRIENDS is a 501(c)3 organization.
- Selecting Friends of the Clifton Public Library when shopping on Amazon. Click the logo below or go to https://smile.amazon.com and select Friends of the Clifton Public Library. With this simple act, .5% of the profits from your eligible purchase will automatically be donated to us!
Thanks to the generosity and support of the FRIENDS, the library has been able to provide the following types of programs, services and items for public use and enjoyment:
- Museum passes
- Musical concerts (vocal and instrumental, as well as the informational Operalogues)
- Guest speakers and lecturers, such as beekeeper Brian Eromenok, poet John J. Trause, and local history author and folk musician Michael Gabriele
- littleBits coding kits for STEM programs
- Supplies and presenters for Children’s programs
- A display case (thanks to a donation by the family of Florence Huth) and a train and Lego table (thanks to a grant by investorsBank)
Upcoming FRIENDS-Sponsored Events
The Operalogues series continues. Led by Ed Perretti, Executive Director of the New Jersey State Opera, the remaining fall session dates include November 4 and November 18 (all Mondays) at 1:00 p.m. in the Main Library community room.
Semi-annual membership meetings are held in the spring and fall in the Main Library community room. The next meeting is scheduled for November 19, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. Following the election of officers, featured guests are members from the Real Macaw Parrot Club. All are welcome.
Meetings are held monthly. The public is invited to attend. Meetings are typically held in the conference room on the second floor of the Main Library at 11:30 a.m. Upcoming meeting dates for 2019 include:
- November 4
- December 2
- Faye Levine, President
- Denise Regalado, Vice President
- Patricia Bednar, Recording Secretary
- Joan Robertson, Corresponding Secretary
- Andrew Schwartz, Treasurer
- Fran Warren, Joan Sanford, Members-at-Large
If you have any questions or suggestions, or would like to discuss making a donation, please contact President Faye Levine at 973-772-8908.